You may need orthodontics treatment and not even know it. That is why keeping up with your oral health is vital to prevent things like TMJ or jaw misalignment. The top tips for telling if you could use orthodontics treatments, such as braces, are:
– Do you have an overbite (also called an overjet or referred to as “buck teeth”)? This occurs when the upper front teeth (the incisors) protrude out further than the lower front teeth.
– Do you have an open bite? This occurs when the top and bottom incisors do not connect when biting.
– Do you have an underbite (sometimes referred to as “bulldog teeth”)? This occurs when the lower front teeth (the incisors) protrude out farther than the upper front teeth.
– Do you have a misplaced midline? This occurs when the center of your upper front teeth does not line up with the center of your lower front teeth.
– Do you have a deep bite or closed bite? This is an excessive form of overbite caused by the lower front teeth biting behind the upper front teeth.
– Do you have a crossbite? This occurs when the protruding lower jaw is longer than the upper jaw.
– Do you have overcrowded teeth? This occurs when there is not enough space between the teeth, which can cause teeth to bend and protrude.
– Do you have spacing issues? This includes too much space, or abnormal gaps between teeth.
– Do you suffer from other bad bite issues, such as extra or missing teeth, misalignments, irregularities in the teeth, gums, jaw, or face?
If so, give us call to learn more about our various orthodontics treatments, and find out what works best for you. Please call Sunshine Dental Group at 323.266.2120 to talk to a member of our team, or stop by our office in Commerce, California. We look forward to helping you soon!