The root of a tooth must be kept free of bacterial contamination at all times. As long as your tooth enamel remains strong, the root and pulp therein will be safe from the hazards on the outside. However, if your tooth should become compromised and your pulp infected, it must be removed in order to save the tooth. This process of removing the pulp is referred to as a root canal. For a simple list of guidelines concerning root canals, please see below:
– In some cases, multiple treatments can open your pulp up to unanticipated damage and diseases, at which point, the pulp must be removed.
– A root canal treatment is essential if the pulp of a tooth must be removed due to infection, disease, decay, or other damage.
– Although teeth are strong, blunt trauma and severe blows to your jaw can easily knock out multiple teeth or even seriously damage them down to the pulp, which typically leads to root canal treatments.
– One of the most common reasons for pulp damage comes in the form of oral accidents and injuries, which require root canals.
– As is the case with an overload of normal health care services, multiple treatments for a single tooth will eventually overwork a tooth and cause pulp damage, especially if tooth enamel is removed for each procedure.
Dr. Jorge de la Osa at Sunshine Dental Group wants to ensure your smile shines no matter what condition it is in. If you are thinking about getting a root canal treatment, please contact our dentist office in Commerce, California, by calling us at 323.266.2120. Your smile is our business!