Do you want to keep your smile healthy? Did you know that a healthy smile is possible with just a few easy do-it-yourself techniques for your oral health? The first step in ensuring optimum oral health and a bright smile begins with you. As long as you take a few necessary steps to caring for your teeth and gums, they can remain healthy for the rest of your days.
Barring any oral accidents, your treatment options are readily available in your everyday life. Here are just a few tips that can vastly enhance your smile:
– Avoid snacking all throughout the day and limit any between-meal snacks.
– Limit your intake of foods and snacks that can speed up plaque decay or damage your teeth.
– Keep your meals well-balanced and nutritious for optimum health.
– Avoid chewing or smoking tobacco, and avoid recreational drugs or medications that can cause mouth dryness.
– Visit your dentist regularly at Sunshine Dental Group in Commerce, California for your oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Consider using a cleaning product after eating a meal, such as sugarless gum, to wash away harmful bacteria and food particles and to limit the effect of harmful acids on your teeth.
– Make sure to brush your teeth twice daily and floss once daily.
The first step in maintaining your oral health begins with you, but we are here to help. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Jorge de la Osa, you are welcome to call us at 323.266.2120 to speak with a member of our fantastic team. Call us today and get back on track to a healthy and happy smile!