Prosthodontist Commerce, CA
At Sunshine Dental Group, we are regularly asked questions about being a prosthodontist and why patients should visit one. There are specialties in dentistry just like there are in the medical field. Prosthodontics is one of those specialties and centers around replacing teeth. If you struggle with tooth loss, visiting a prosthodontist will likely produce better results than if you were to visit a general dentist, because you will be visiting someone with more educational and clinical experience. With that in mind, we encourage you to visit our dental office and discuss your teeth replacement solutions, even if you are under the current care of a general family dentist. To schedule an appointment, call (323) 743-4273. In the meantime, here are the answers to a few frequently asked questions.
What is a Prosthodontist?
A Prosthodontist is a licensed dentist who has received additional training to specialize in the branch of dentistry that focuses on restoring and maintaining the functionality of the mouth, be it replacing missing teeth or restoring bone density after resorption. This is done using prosthetic devices like dentures and partial dentures, dental bridges, and dental implants, along with conducting procedures like bone grafts. A oral prosthetics doctor has the expertise necessary to not only replace missing teeth, but to do so in a way that looks entirely natural and feels comfortable, so both the form and function of your smile can be restored. As a oral prosthetics doctor, we are also referred to as a prosthetic dentist. If you have suffered from tooth loss, we encourage you to call 323-743-4273 and schedule an appointment to speak with us. At Sunshine Dental Group, we are confident in our ability to provide you with a durable tooth replacement that will allow you to speak and smile with confidence and eat your favorite foods without restriction. To learn more, visit our dental office today.
Why should I see a Prosthodontist over a regular dentist?
Experience. As a oral prosthetics doctor, we have additional experience both in education and in the number of hours we have spent performing procedures replacing teeth. You can visit a dentist who tends to focus on preventative care and only replaces teeth occasionally, or you can visit a oral prosthetics doctor who spends a significant amount of time doing so.
Check out what others are saying about our implant dental services on Yelp: Prosthodontist Commerce
Commerce Oral Prosthetics Doctor
What types of procedures does a Prosthodontist perform?
As a Prosthodontist, we can perform a variety of procedures to replace your missing teeth. This includes the more traditional option of dentures. We find that some patients still prefer to wear dentures as either a temporary or permanent tooth replacement. Whether this decision is made for convenience or budgetary reasons, we can ensure your dentures will be created in a way that looks like a natural set of teeth and that the fit is snug and secure for maximum comfort. Another tooth replacement solution is a dental bridge. In this procedure, we place dental crowns on the two teeth surrounding the missing one. These crowns serve as anchors to hold the bridge and new tooth in place. This solution is semi-permanent, remains in place, and provides you with a stable chewing surface while restoring the appearance of your smile.
As a oral prosthetics doctor, the procedure we most recommend for replacing teeth is dental implants. This is because an implant is the only solution that replaces the visible portion of the tooth and the missing root. To qualify for the procedure, you need to have sufficient bone density for the implant to secure to. If you do not, we can discuss options for a bone graft that can be done in order to prepare your jaw for implant surgery. Once ready, we will implant a small titanium post under the gums, securing it to the jawbone in each place you are missing a tooth. This can be done to replace one tooth or all your teeth. There are also hybrid solutions that use implant technology to secure a full set of teeth in place. The reason dental implants are so sturdy is because the titanium post and jawbone fuse together through the process of osseointegration. As a result, the jawbone will provide stability to the implant like it would to a natural tooth, and the implant will provide the stimulation the jawbone needs to prevent resorption. This symbiotic relationship is the best for your oral health and your long-term appearance.
Will my recovery process be faster if I visit a Prosthodontist?
There is a high likelihood that it will. This is because a Prosthodontist has additional education and clinical experience when it comes to replacing teeth and performing procedures like the placing of dental implants. Anytime a medical provider has more training in a specific area, they will have a greater understanding in how the body will respond to certain procedures and how to best ensure a fast recovery. To learn more about how we place dental implants, call and schedule an appointment with Dr. Jorge Del Le Osa, Dr. Casanova, and Dr. Brand.
Does a Prosthodontist offer more procedures than a general dentist?
In our dental office, we offer a variety of solutions for replacing missing teeth. The number of procedures a oral prosthetics doctor offers in comparison with a general dentist really depends on that particular dental office. In ours, we focus on providing the highest quality dental care and understand that offering a variety of solutions is important for ensuring our patients receive what they need. As such, we are always looking for innovative approaches and best practices that will give our patients a durable and natural-looking solution to tooth loss. One of these is dental implants. Implant dentistry requires oral surgery, so not every dentist offers it. At Sunshine Dental Group, we can provide you with dental implants that replace both your visible tooth and your root, so you can be confident in the appearance and functionality of your smile.
Where can I find a Oral Prosthetics Doctor?
That is simple – call (323) 743-4273 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Jorge Del Le Osa, Dr. Casanova, and Dr. Brand. As a Commerce, CA prosthodontist, we can provide you with a superior level of dental care, and we welcome your calls, even if you are currently under the care of another family dentist.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Prosthodontist Terminology
- Adult Speech Aid Prosthesis
- Adult speech aid prosthesis is a maxillofacial prosthesis that helps improve speech in adult cleft palate patients by sealing off a palatal cleft or by changing an incompetent soft palate.
- Alloplast is a material that professionals implant into the tissue to surgically replace missing tissue.
- Bioadhesion is a chemical reaction that results from the successful attachment between biologic materials and other materials; one example is the adhesion between a person’s mouth and a restoration or prosthesis.
- Bruxomania is the process by which an individual continually grinds his or her teeth as a neurotic habit while awake.
- Cantilever Fixed Dental Prosthesis
- A cantilever fixed dental prosthesis is a complete or partial denture with a pontic that is supported by at least one abutment.
- Commissure Splint
- A commissure splint is a device that a professional places between the lips to assist in widening the opening between the lips when other attempts have failed.
- Dental Esthetics
- Esthetics involves applying the concept of the philosophy behind esthetics to natural teeth, artificial teeth and restorations while maintaining a focus that the replacement must be fully-functional.
- Esthetics involves focusing on the overall appearance of someone’s teeth and facial features. This term especially applies to cosmetic dentistry.
- Maxillofacial Prosthetics
- Maxillofacial prosthetics replaces and restores missing bone in the upper jaw and face to remedy issues resulting from trauma or injuries at a young age.
- Occlusal Splints
- An occlusal splint is a device that treats patients with bruxism, who grind their teeth while sleeping at night, by preventing wear and tear.
- Osteonecrosis of the Jaw
- Osteonecrosis of the jaw occurs when the jaw experiences exposure after a dental extraction and begins to starve from a lack of blood.
- Peg Literal Incisors
- Peg lateral incisors occur when the second tooth in the upper front teeth, on either side of the mouth, does not grow properly and is small and pointed.
- Prosthetics is the surgical and dental process that focuses on the design, construction and fitting of dental prostheses that replace missing or damaged teeth.
- Vacuum Formed Mouthguard
- A vacuum formed mouthguard involves customizing the mouthguard to match a mold of the individual patient’s teeth for a perfect fit.
Back to top of Prosthodontist
Like cavities, gum disease is a common dental dysfunction that affects people of all ages. If you are suffering from gum disease, you should not put off getting treatment. Your general dentist has the knowledge and training to relieve the symptoms of this disease. In some cases, the dentist might be able to reverse its…
Cleanings from a general dentist are encouraged once every four to six months. This is a routine visit that does not take long to complete, and it can significantly reduce the risk of dental cavities, gum disease, and other oral health concerns. This guide discusses what you can expect when getting a cleaning from a…
An in-office professional dental cleaning is a crucial aspect of maintaining good oral health. While oral hygiene done at home is a great way to keep the teeth and gums healthy, it is important to see a general dentist on a regular basis for cleanings and examinations. Dental cleanings are simple, easy, and relatively painless,…
A dental bridge is an option for those who have lost teeth and need to fill in that space to complete their smile or bite. The procedure involves crowns being placed on supporting teeth (known as abutment teeth) that are fused with your missing tooth or teeth by what's called an implant post. The tooth-replacement…